Trusts, Wills, Administration of Estate and Probate
- Other than being a popular international business centre and a holiday destination, Cyprus is more importantly, an excellent place to raise a family. Cyprus has one of the lowest crime-rates in the world. Its attributes have made it a desirable relocation destination.
- Relocation brings with it the need to consider various personal matters which should be considered and planned for in advance.
- Estate planning is a process which one should consider seriously. Making arrangements for the management and disposal of one’s estate (assets) during one’s lifetime can maximize the value of your estate by reducing taxes and other expenses and reduce or eliminate uncertainties over the administration of a probate.
- Combined with estate planning is tax planning, which should be considered in parallel.
- The various tools used for estate planning and tax planning are the following:
- The prospect of having your will and testament drawn up or creating a trust may bring up feelings of discomfort. Instead, it should promote feelings of security as you will be ensuring that your loved ones, heirs or beneficiaries will be provided for and that your distribution wishes will be met. You will also be reducing potential disputes and other complications.
- Drafting a will or a trust, which accurately reflects the intention and wishes of the testator and settlor respectively, requires the guidance and assistance of a qualified and experienced legal professional.
Our lawyers are experienced not only on the laws applicable to wills and succession, trusts, probate and estate administration but also on the procedures followed on the passing of a loved one or relative.
Our services include:
- advising and drafting of wills and trusts
- filing of the will at the Court Registry (if desired)
- trust registration (where required)
- management of a trust
- executor, trustee, protector services
- act as the administrator in probate or administration of estate
- apply for a grant of probate or grant of letters of administration
- re-sealing of foreign grants of probate
- selling assets of the estate
- obtaining tax clearances for the estate
- distributing the estate to the beneficiaries